Placement/ Agency Fee
Childminders charges an Agency / Placement Fee based on the following:
2.1 Permanent Placement
Childminders charges a once off placement fee, which is equivalent to one month’s salary, this fee is to be paid on the successful placement of the candidate, this is to be paid on delivery of the contract from Childminders to the client. The chosen candidate is to commence work once the contract has been signed and payment has been received in full.
2.2 Temporary Au Pair (Live Out)
Childminders agency fee is charged at a rate of 25% on the total earnings of the Au pair / Nanny and is payable to Childminders on the successful placement of an Au pair / Nanny. Should the Au pair/ Nanny work more than the original hours stipulated a further fee will be charged at the end of the work assignment.
Should the Au pair/ Nanny work for you on a public holiday the rate will be double pay.
E.g. R45.00 per x Eight hours per day x ten days = R3600.00 - This amount is payable directly to the temporary Au pair / Nanny.
Plus an Agency fee of 25% on the total earnings - R3600.00 = R900.00 - This amount is payable directly to Childminders.
2.3 Temporary Au Pair (Live In)
Should the position be a temporary assignment, whereby the Au pair / Nanny is required to live in and look after the children, a pre-determined daily rate will be payable to the Au pair/ Nanny. Should the Au pair/Nanny work for you on a public holiday the rate will be double pay.
A placement fee of 25% on the total salary that the Au pair / Nanny will earn in the time of employment is payable to Childminders on the successful placement of an Au pair / Nanny.
E.g. R350.00 per day x 10 Days = R3500.00 - This amount is payable directly to the temporary Au pair / Nanny.
Plus an Agency fee of 25% on the total earnings - R3500.00 = R875.00 - This amount is payable directly to Childminders.
3. The Placement Fee is payable immediately upon the successful placement & delivery of the contract and invoice of an Au pair / Nanny.
4. This fee is payable on receipt of invoice in order to secure the respective Au pair / Nanny.
5. In the event of the Placement Fee not being paid within a week of receipt of Invoice, interest will be charged at the Prime Interest Rate plus 3%.
6. The Placement Fee is under NO circumstances refundable.
Should the Au pair / Nanny be working for you on a public holiday the rate will be as follows:
* Au pair / Nanny: Double pay
7. Guarantee Period
7.1 For the placement of a Permanent Au Pair / Nanny (as stated in point 1.1), Childminders offers a guarantee period of two months from the starting date of employment, whereby should either the Au pair / Nanny or the respective family wish to terminate the position, Childminders will Endeavour to replace their services free of charge.
8. CANCELLATION FEE:
Should the confirmed placement be cancelled within 5 days of commencement of
employment, 50% of the estimated placement fee will be payable to Childminders and one week’s salary payable to the candidate.
Cancellation must be in writing.
Fees charged are applicable to engagement only. A new placement fee will be charged for an employee returning to an Employer at a future date.
• Names and addresses are given in confidence to clients and must not be passed onto other prospective employers. Should this happen and an engagement result, the appropriate placement fee will become payable in full by the client of Childminders,
• Childminders is an introductory agency only.
• Childminders will provide you with detailed CV’s and References. A candidate becomes the chosen employee of the client.
• All Clients are strongly advised to also check references, even though Childminders has already done so. Once the Client has decided on employing a candidate, Childminders will draw up a very detailed Contract of employment between the Employer & Employee.
Childminders acts as an Employment Agency ONLY and will not be held responsible or liable in any manner, in the event of theft, injury accident or death, whilst the Au pair / Nanny in their employ.
AU PAIRS / NANNIES ARE:
• Qualified and or experienced (minimum of 2 years) - Attended a course studying all aspects of childcare from birth to six years old. Training is not only theoretical but also practical with experience in families and or schools.
• Capable of sole charge and using own initiative in absence of parents.
• Able to promote a happy, loving and stimulating environment & are responsible for all aspects of a child’s or children’s’ life - the child’s meals, clothes, laundry, bathing, cleaning and nursery as well as stimulating the child’s mind and imagination. She does not do other housework unless prior agreement has been stipulated in the contract.
• In temporary positions Au pairs / Nannies can be expected to work 12 or more hours per day. However we suggest that you give her at least a 1 hour break during the day. Public Holidays and Sundays are double the hourly rate. Baby-sitting and extra hours are by prior arrangement.
• Temporary Au pairs / Nannies can also live-in with the family if so required.
• The majority of our candidates also have their own vehicles. Should the Au pair / Nanny be required to use her own vehicle on behalf of the employer
• AA mileage rates will be applicable and are calculated on the following: Purchase price of vehicle; Vehicle Type; Annual distance travelled; Engine capacity & Current price of petrol/diesel
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
• Rates vary according to the qualifications / experience of the candidate as well as the duties and responsibilities of the job.
• The Agency fee is NOT included in the quoted rates – please see the Terms & Conditions above for the Agency fee.